I’ve never made banana bread before and to be honest every time I bake the end result ends up burnt and tasting like rubbish. We had some ripe bananas that were just left in the fruit bowl, you know the ones that are a bit brown that no-one really wants to eat. So I decided to take the plunge and bake some tasty banana bread, I’m pleased to say it turned out super – here’s the recipe.
1/2 Cup Soft Brown Sugar
1 Tsp Vanilla Essence
1/3 Cup Coconut Oil (melted)
100g Chocolate Chips (optional)
1 Tsp Baking Powder
1 1/2 Cups Flour (Plain)
- Pre heat oven at 180c
- Peel and mash the bananas in a mixing bowl – I found this hurt my hand with a fork so I used a potato masher, it worked a treat and my mixture was smooth
- Add in sugar, coconut oil, egg, flour and vanilla essence
- Give it a good mix
- Add in chocolate chips and stir
- Grease a loaf tin, I used flora to do this
- I sprinkled brown sugar on the top for added crunch before putting into the oven
- Pour the bread mixture into the tin and pop in the oven for around 45-50 minutes
Once cooled, I tucked into a slice. It wasn’t dry inside it was soft and gooey and still is 4 days later, it was a hit with the family and I have since enjoyed a slice with a nice cuppa tea for breakfast.
I’m tempted to make banana bread muffins next time – yummy!